The Importance of Self-Centering Steady rests.
Steady rests are normally used for efficient machining of long slender shafts. Conventional steady rests are positioned manually. An operator adjusts three screws that are placed 120° apart. This type of centering process does not provide centering accuracy.
It is not reliable as it depends on the operator’s skill. FAR self centering steady rests work on an entirely different principle. Three rollers hold the work piece at points approximately 120° apart. These rollers move such that they always inscribe concentric circles between them. They have an internal compensating system to prevent dislocation of the work piece center under changing clamping pressures. This results in high centering accuracy.
Centering Accuracy is Key
FAR Steadies are made of high grade alloy steel and all parts are fully hardened to 60 HRC, and nitrided to be 100% corrosion free. They can be used for turning
outside diameters, inside diameters, facing, drilling, grinding , induction hardening etc.
FAR steady rests have the following features
Automatic centering to reduce cycle time and increased productivity.
High centering accuracy.
Replaceable sealing strips and provision for compressed air connection
Centralized lubrication systems.
Special Cam design that has actuating cylinder with integral safety valve
Adjustable 3 piece chip guard for outer rollers with minimum reduction of clamping range.
Precisely engineered opening mechanism
Compact and robust designs
Special rollers, with multiple sealing disks
Actuating cylinder can be operated either hydraulically or pneumatically.
Mountable either on slant or flat bed lathes.
Rigid and precisely made brackets ensure centering accuracy.
All internal and outside parts are case hardened and ground
Middle roller and roller pocket is protected against dirt by a roller stripper.
Suitable for fixed as well as traveling applications.
Optional provision for manual lubrication can be provided.
Advantages of FAR
- FAR steady rest’s mounting details are equivalent to other international models, hence one to one replacement is possible.
- FAR Steadies are cost efficient
- FAR provides complete Application support includes selection of steady rest, design of bracket, and other technical support.
- Wide Range of steady rests – FAR have more than 400 models of steady rests.
- Enjoy the experience of 25 years and more than 5000 products
- Customised Special Models with quick delivery period (45-60 working days)
- Customised solutions for Specific Machines
- Complete support with technical details, drawings, custom made products and accessories for all kind of applications.
- Assured after sales support with all spare parts.
- Complete turnkey solution including bracket and accessories
- Large data base of popular machines from OEMs Like Doosan, Okuma, Kia, Hwacheon, Haas, Mazak etc.